Hi,  my name is Chris Dann and I have over 22 years experience importing and registering American cars into Spain.  The Spanish registration system can seem quite daunting and most people who try and import and register their own car usually end up paying completely unnecessary taxes. 

It is quite possible to import and register your car in Spain completely tax free !!  This means that you will avoid the import duty of 10% + 21% IVA  and you will also avoid the registration tax of , up to, 16%.  Both of these taxes are calculated on the original bill of sale.  These taxes can be avoided quite legally but only if you are bringing your personal car to Spain as a 'change of residence'  i.e. you are either coming to Spain to work or study for a minimum of 1 year or you are coming to Spain to live.


If you are thinking of shipping your car to Spain then I suggest that you send me a quick email and I will let you know if it can be done tax free.


I work on my own, and have done for 22 years.  I can help you with the shipping process in the US and the collection in Spain.  I will clear your car through Spanish customs, collect it from the port of Barcelona, prepare all the correct paperwork, change the lights to EU spec, register it with Spanish plates and arrange delivery to your address in Spain.


About me